Thursday, July 21, 2011

Protecting & Growing: New Hair Regimine

This week marks Week 5 of my Protective Style Challenge. I have gotten lazy this week with my styling but this is what i did after my co-wash the other night. I'll switch it up tonight. I am contemplating sengalese twists this weekend, they should last 3-4 weeks I am guessing. I'll be anxious to see the results.


Not sure whether my present regimine will work with the new style. I've never had braids, kinky twists or sengalese twists before so I'll be adjusting this soon I am sure.

Shampoo- weekly, usually on Sunday rotating between Komaza Care Moja Shampoo and Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Shampoo

Conditioners- Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose

CoWash- 1/2 times per week with V05 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Conditioner

Deep Conditioner after every shampoo- Curl Junkie Curl Rehab or Komaza Care Olive Moisture Mask

Pre-poo with EVOO or Flaxseed Oil before every shampoo

Scalp treatments every other night with either Miss Lisas Back to basics Shea Mix or my own mixture of essential oils: Jojoba, Castor, EVOO, Vit E, Coconut, Rosemary

I also spray my protective style down with a mix if I start feeling dry (water, Veg glycerin, knot today or Giovanni leave in, jojoba oil and castor oil)


Adjusting to my Sengalese twists... I am almost certain I will cut down my shampoos to every two weeks at most I'll just stick to shampoos. I would love to hear some feed back on how to maintain my Sengalese twist and still manage the health of my hair


No comments:

Post a Comment